Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Drug Free Headache Relief...And More!

Roughly a year and a half ago, I remember having really bad wisdom tooth pain and a migraine to boot!  I felt absolutely dire and having ran out of painkillers I knew I had to leave the comfort of my dark room and venture down to my friend Vivien's...the closest person to me (distance wise) who could supply me with some much needed drugs.

Whilst I was there she asked if I had ever seen one of these head massager's (below).  The answer was no.  What I experienced next was one of the best feelings EVER!  Vivien massaged my head using this simple little thing that pretty much looks just like a kitchen whisk that has went wonky and it was amazing.  Talk about a relaxation of the nerves in my head, my migraine started to soothe and my wisdom tooth pain, after a while I forgot that I even had it in the first place.  I was beyond impressed with this ridiculously simple little tool.  Vivien being the lovely person that she is told me I could keep it as she didn't really use it anyway.


At the time I was running a support group for people with Fibromyalgia and so I took my new toy along with me and everyone absolutely loved it.  The tingling sensations that it sends through your body extends down your shoulders and arms and can even help relieve tight shoulder pain.  Again I've used it on my boyfriend after basketball games and he absolutely loves it. 

Now obviously it's better if you can get someone to do it for you, when you do it yourself, although it feels good, just the fact that you're using one hand to do it so your arm and shoulder muscles are going to be that little more tensed up.  And if you're in a lot of pain then obviously the repeated up and down movements will start to tire your arms.

That is where the battery operated ones come in handy.  This way it's a case of plonking it on your head and letting the batteries do the work.  Simples!

The best thing about this is it's so cheap and cheerful.  Below are links to both types on both amazon.com and amazon.co.uk.  Oh and last but not least, if you want a great 80's fuzzy hairdo, this is the way to do it, heehee!





No comments:

Post a Comment