Thursday, 5 May 2011

Are The Products You Use Bad For You!?!

Anyone who has ever had the pleasure of being in a supermarket with me shall know how much of a pain in the arse I can be when it comes to making my point clear when it comes to buying eco-friendly products that don't test on animals.  I can't say it's something I will ever apologise for.  Yes it might sound like moaning to some however my nagging is done with good intention.  I don't see why horrific companies such as Proctor and Gamble and Unilever should get away with the lies that they tell consumers in their vulgar attempt to make their products appear environmentally friendly and good for your babies skin and all that crap!

Well crap is pretty much all it is.  Now I would love to say that they are trying to do their best with their "attempts" at being environmentally friendly but that is just not the case.  Products such as Fairy, Ariel, Dash, Herbal Essences, Crest, Febreze, Head and Shoulders, Gillette and so much more contain numerous chemicals that are not good for you whatsoever.  Their whole eco-friendly thing is a complete farce!  I won't go into all of that here however if you want to read more on subject you can read an article that I wrote regarding Global Warming and Big Corporations HERE.  They are also absolutely shocking when it comes to animal cruelty.

Yes you might argue that animal research is needed when it comes to medical research.  Personally I don't agree with this statement, animals are animals and people are not.  Our bodies are a completely different make up so to me it just doesn't make any sense.  Anyhoo, getting off track...what I find completely vile and disgusting is the cosmetics companies that use animal research.  They will blind and burn bunnies and mice and rats, and more importantly...BEAGLES...just for the self vanity of the human race!  I find it a vulgar and disgusting practice and I want to expose these cruel companies for just what they are.  The best part is, some of the worst companies are some of the largest.  For example, Loreal!  Many people don't actually realise that  they are buying animal tested products due to the "glamourous" advertising campaigns these products get.

So here's what I suggest, maybe it's time you took a closer look at all the products you use on a daily basis, make-up, moisturiser, cleaning products and anything else that you think might be tested on animals and see if they actually are.  Make a list of them and then one by one, say when they run or something, but a non-animal tested product in its place.  The perfectly simple way to progress to a Animal Happy House!!! :)

I'm away to start reviewing eco-friendly/animal friendly/people friendly products on this blog and link you to sites where you can purchase them for excellent prices.  So yay, come join me and help spread the word and look forward to a greener, happier and healthier future!  You can take a peek at where I'm going to start here...  Morley's Earth Day NEWAYS Hideaway

3 comments:

  1. Great post and great blog idea! :)

    Here are two companies we have here in Canada (and in the States I think), which are great and promise ethical products and no animal testing:

    http://www.thebodyshop.ca/

    http://www.lush.ca

    Can't wait to see your reviews of makeup as this is probably the one cosmetics category I use the most and never really bothered to check whether they're tested on animals or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, well, I got some awesome make up ideas. :) It's just when you start looking into things, you realise just how many companies are still testing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, part of me is scared of looking at everything I own and then have the huge wave of guilt wash over me... :S

    But, yay, makeup! Can't wait to hear/read your ideas!

    ReplyDelete