Tuesday, 6 September 2011

The Primates May Be Free, But Animal Testing is Still Very Much a Burning Subject!


The news that a number of lab chimps have seen the light of day for the first time in 30 years is bound to bring a smile to newspaper readers all over the UK, and indeed the rest of the world's faces.  The thing is, out of all these people who greet this news with a smile, how many of them are actually in the minority of those who are actually conscious about the products they use on a day to day basis?  I'd put my life on it only being about 10%...and that is being bloody generous!  I hear this all too often, that people are against animal testing and that they think that it is wrong, yet they constantly support the companies who commit these vulgar atrocities!  This post isn't me trying to be a dick to all those people though, it is me making a point that despite the fact that people care about these animals, the companies that actually commit a number of the daily atrocities are the best selling ones, be it cleaning products, beauty and make up products, you name it these guys are the worst!  In the UK, all products made by two of the biggest companies, Proctor and Gamble and Unilever all test on animals, that includes Fairy, Ariel, Bounty, Braun, Lenor, Gillette, Head and Shoulders, Olay, Oral-B, Pampers, Febreze, Pantene, Nice and Easy, Clearasil, Sure, Zest, Herbal Essences and Wella.  That's not even the lot either!  And that's just the Proctor and Gamble products, Unilever include Dove, Lux, Sunsilk, Lynx (see, it's not just their shitty adverts that are annoying and wrong!), Brut, Brylcreem, Cif, Persil, Radox, Pond's, Sunsilk, Surf, Impulse, Lux, VO5!  Make up products such as Loreal, Max Factor, Lancome, Neutrogena, Maybelline, Johnson and Johnson, hell, even Accessorize make up products test on animals!  Fact!


How many people are willing to make the change from these products to a more animal friendly one though?  Do you even read the label, or look into a product before you buy it?  If the answer is no, why is that?  Is it that you can't be bothered, or because you know that if you find out what these products are tested on you'll feel guilty about buying them.  Or is it that you simply were unaware of these cruel practices in the first place?

It is the so-called animal lovers that argue that the reason they don't change the products they use that are tested on animals is because they make their skin feel better, or clean their clothes better.  WTF!?!  You don't love animals, you are a selfish human being and don't deserve to own an animal! How would these people like it if their pet dog or cat had harmful products dripped into its eyes whilst being pinned open, perhaps had their family dog shaved before being covered in chemicals that will burn its skin, or pump the dog's stomach full of harmful chemicals.  How about we cut their pet open, just for the fucking sake of it, because let's face it, that's pretty much the only excuse these companies need to justify some of the shit they do!  And these things DO happen, if you refuse to believe this then you are far more ignorant you choose to believe!


Ignorance doesn't stop this shit from happening, all it does is guarantee a huge number of innocent animals will die, just because you can't be arsed to stand up for them.  Even if you don't want to take time out to write to the companies conducting these horrid tests, at least just refuse to buy their products.  It's easy for us as people to take a stand...this is a stand that the animals involved don't have!  I told myself I would refrain from swearing in this post but I can't help it, people infuriate me so much sometimes.  It's not difficult to make a change, at least not for us.  If you truly love animals, or have your own pets that you would never in a million years want anything to happen to them, then take the stand, stop buying products from these companies until they have the balls to step into the 21 century and step out of the dark ages!  Because that is where they are living!

I would never in a million years let anyone hurt my bunny (below with my Westie), let alone do any of the stuff that actually happens to them...just for the so-called vanity of humanity!  Please join me in actually loving my pet, and loving ALL animals!!!!



Simply changing your cosmetic and cleaning products is by far the easiest step to take against animal testing.  Obviously this goes so much further, but if we just take that first step, we can save so many innocent creatures.   Animal testing is inaccurate and expensive, so why do companies continue to do it!?!  Did you know that in the UK, just because we are part of the stupid EU, our animal testing laws are set to take a HUGE step backwards, just to put us on a par with a more backward EU!!!  We may like to think of ourselves as a more Western country, but being part of the EU is holding us back...no, it's not holding us back...it's SENDING us back!  If with this blog I can convince even one of you to make a change, then that's a start!  As I said before, I'm not trying to be a dick...sometimes I just can't help myself and I do come across as being a bit harsh.  But it's when time after time again I read of the same thing, it's kinda hard to find compassion for the human race.  

I have even in the past nearly compromised my own health after refusing to take a medication that I had read had tested on Beagles in the past.  I disposed of them immediately and then preceded to make a doctors appointment to complain.  After calming me down, my doctor explained that these tests were done in the past, they had been done and I couldn't change that.  What I could do is campaign against stuff like this happening in the future, and make people aware of it.  It was quite refreshing to hear a doctor's views being such as this.  She said she would happily help me with this and that if I didn't take the drugs then I wouldn't be able to do as much good and help these animals as much as I wanted too.  She was right.  And yes, whilst she might think I'm completely kooky...she thought that before this incident (lol)...she was more understanding and compassionate than I guess I could ever have imagined.  

Just even writing about this I have discovered so much, and memories have indeed been brought back.  November 5th, this year marks the 10 year anniversary of the death of Barry Horne, a man that was so true to the cause he believed in, that he starved to death in prison because he truly believed that vivisection was wrong!  This literally brings tears to my eyes, that one man will give his life to stop the cruel torture of Beagles, bunnies, primates, mice, rats...you name it.  Barry Horne was indeed an exceptional human being.  He was in prison relating to incidents surrounding the Huntington laboratories that are notorious for animal torture!  You can read about Barry's plight here and I really do urge that you do.  The world is a smaller place without him, yet the attention he brought towards animal rights and anti-vivisection laws was remarkable!


What we really need though, what would be a super smack in the face towards mankind, is a REAL Rise of Planet of the Apes, oh yes!  Maybe then mankind would start to take notice to the vulgar practices it preaches every day!


7 comments:

  1. can you like email the addresses of these cruel buissnesses so i can write the living hell to them about this? animals deserve to be loved not kept in cages and be abused. my email is maryannemyers19@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello all people that test on animals i would like you to know that you should go to hell. Animal testing and wrong. Love them not abuse them. God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am shameful that our Planet is capable of doing any of this ... with all we know the Scientists continue to use live, beautiful animals and subject them to extreme cruelty and torture ... To better the cosmetics we use !!!!!!

    The legacy that this planet is instilling on it's self is ONE OF SHAME ... EXTREME TORTURE ... AND CRUELTY for the sake of WHAT .... !!!!!!!

    RIP BARRY HORNE and you ARE NOT FORGOTTEN !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been boycotting P&G for over 20 yrs... I just posted a comment for someone's picture showing Febreze. I commented that I liked one of the scents a lot but can't buy it bc it's been experimented on animals. I couldn't believe they replied with a comment that said, " I bought it anyway. It smelled too good not to. " I couldn't believe it.. so I included a picture of dogs being tested/forced to inhale... and added that they use dogs in the experiments too... People are so selfish and self centered. We've come a long way but until people care more about the world and others, it will be a very slow creep forward. I adore you for your blog and your desire and motivation to help those who are helpless. Thank you from me and from them.. L <3 V E ALL A N I M A L S

    ReplyDelete
  5. the picture with the monkey, I saw it on Pinterest, but it has two different captions. the first caption says the monkey was raped by humans. The second caption says Lysol did chemical testing on the monkey. Which is it rape or testing? You can not have the same wound for two different crimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barry Horne I hope to meet you in heaven you just became a role model to me...i cannot understand why in 2016 these animal tests still exist along with all these heartless companies...i boycott everything in my home and if my partner wants something i don't believe in he buys it himself...i am also a devout vegan and a true believer in God...they will all answer for these atrocities down here on earth one day when they meet him..take care just keep fighting for those who can't speak for themselves...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete