Thursday, 10 November 2011

Hopi Ear Candles - This Girl Sure as Hell Says they are AMAZING!


Okay so despite the fact that I will pretty much believe in anything, you know, aliens, reincarnation, Nessie....I was always a wee bit sceptical about is Ear Candling.  My skepticism has more than likely arisen from the fact that I wasn't actually 100% sure what Ear Candling actually meant!  I thought that wax candles were put inside your ear, like actually in your ear drum and left to burn.  To say that I was a little confused is an understatement.


Ear Candling involves placing a hollow candle in the ear canal (not putting it actually in the ear drum, as I had previously thought) and lighting the top end.  A qualified Ear Candling therapist is definitely recommended.  I mean, I sure as hell wouldn't be letting someone light a candle, hollow or not, near my head, let alone in my ear without them being qualified!

Due to a tooth root infection, I had to have a tooth removed the other day.  This led to my sinuses being infected and my right eye puffing up to make me look like John Merrick's twin sister!  My Doctor had prescribed me anti-biotics and the swelling had been coming down loads.

When my friend Lauren suggested Hopi Ear Candles, I was a bit apprehensive but thought, what the hey...it can't be worse than the Dentist!  Nothing can be worse than the freakin' Dentist!  Aaaargh!  I decided to let her put the first candle in my right ear...the one where the lovely infection and mutant'ness was!  When she lit the first candle it made this really crackling and hissing sound, there was a strong sense of honey (something which Lauren told me was in the candle's) and I felt like I was a birthday cake for Winnie the Pooh!

After the candle burned down she massaged my face which was slightly painful, but in no way near as painful as what it had been when I had been rubbing cream into it myself!  I've even been using massage oil at night time as the pain was so bad and I thought that might help.

When I turned over for my left ear to have the candle in it, I had to make sure I was positioned right so as not to be in so much pain with my face lying down.  The candle in the left ear was so much more different.  The way it burned down was different, the crackling and hissing was a lot less.  When I told Lauren this she told me that this may be due to the fact that the candle takes in all the 'badness' - that is my word, not hers.  I'm not actually sure what she said exactly.  Basically the candle acts like a chimney and sucks up any problems in your ear.  Due to the fact that we knew exactly what my problem was, i.e. Sinus Infection in my right eye, it was understandable why the candle in the right ear was more hissy and crackly!

All of this aside though, and what actually matters....it worked!!!  Afterwards when speaking to Lauren's Mum, a complete Candle sceptic as well....she noticed a HUGE difference in my eye!  I have this scar under my eye from when my Bunny kind of mauled my face.  Above the scar had been totally puffy and visible.  After the Hopi Candle treatment, it had went down so much.  And we're talking within half an hour sort of period.  Part of me wishes I'd got Lauren to do this when my eye was still all puffed up and John Merrick looking!

Whilst I was speaking to Susan, (Lauren's Mum) afterwards, I felt the area around my jaw/top cheek bone was really swollen.  It was like the puffiness had left my eye and moved downwards.  I can now happily say that less than 4 hours later, that puffiness had gone down immensely!  I am actually rather in shock at the difference!  And I am not one to say that something has worked when it hasn't!  This is actually rather incredible.  I can touch my face and I don't feel like a total freak, the swelling has went down so much!

I really wish that I had actually taken some pictures.  Usually when anything freaky or bizarre or morbid happens, I am the first to take pictures.  But when it comes to my face, I am afraid that I am as vain as they come.  The picture of mutation is scarred in my brain!

This has seriously helped though and I wholeheartedly advise anyone with sinus problems or infections to give this a try!  For those with general hearing problems, I'm awaiting my Mother's reaction on the Hopi Ear Candles before I share that advice.  All I know is that, if you have a sinus problem, then definitely give Hopi Ear Candles a go...and this is coming from an incredibly vain person with a face that is definitely a whole less puffier...and back to its usual oh so pretty self!  Haha.  :D  Just don't ask me to smile, that's still a bit wonky! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment